She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree. The process of creating her involves more than 14 manual operations and is still a secret, jealously guarded by the company.
At the age of 3 months, a baby's eyesight is still limited and he can only make out high contrasts.
The dark and contrasting attention-catching spots all over Sophie la girafe's body provide visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object for baby.
Sophie la girafe's squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates his hearing. To begin with, the funny sound she makes when she is squeezed helps to stimulate his hearing, and then later, helps him to understand the link between cause and effect.
The singular scent of natural rubber from the Hevea tree makes Sophie la girafe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys.
Made of 100% natural rubber and food-grade paints, she is completely safe to chew. Sophie la girafe is akin to the nipple of a feeding-bottle. Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs), makes her perfect for soothing baby's sore gums during teething.
Touch is the first means a baby has to communicate with the outside world.
Sophie la girafe's soft feel, like baby's mother's skin, stimulates physiological and emotional responses that soothe baby and promote healthy growth and well-being.
Easy to grip
Thanks to her shape and 18cm size, Sophie la girafe is perfect for baby's small hands. She is very light, and her long legs and neck make it easy for baby to grip, even from his earliest days.
- Natural Rubber is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to bite & chew.
- Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with NO Vinyl (no-PVC)!
- Complies with US Safety regulations ASTM F963
- Decorated with non-toxic, food-quality paints.
- Lightweight; well-thought design makes it easy to grasp with their tiny hands.
- Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colors & gentle squeak.
- Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
- Sophie makes a soft squeak when squeezed - such fun for a baby!
- Slender, flexible & soft - babies love manipulating & chewing on Sophie.
- Hand-made in Rumilly in the French Alps, Sophie the Giraffe is a classic!
- Height: 15cm
- Age: 0-3 months and up
History: (Since 1961)
That is why one day in France, a certain Monsieur RAMPEAU, who was an expert in transforming the latex from the HEVEA tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept, came up with the idea of designing a giraffe. Such an exotic wildlife figure would be a first on the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for a baby's small hand to grasp.
Sophie la girafe, who looked exactly the same than she does today, went into production on a Thursday, May 25th, hence her name.
She was an immediate success. Young parents immediately recognized that she was a must for their baby... When the first signs of teething appear, Sophie la girafe helps babies stop crying!
By simple word of mouth, the little giraffe's fame spread. From then on around the world, generations upon generations of children were to love hearing Sophie squeak whenever they pressed her tummy or head!
VULLI, a company based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie region of France has continued to keep the highly guarded secret of how this wonder toy is made.
To this day, Sophie la girafe is still traditionally produced, a process that involves more than 14 manual operations.
She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the latex of the Hevea tree.
- Please wash with warm water and mild soap
- Make sure water does not enter the squicky plug
- Avoid boiling water or the UV Sterilizer's as it is a natural rubber and could damage the product.
- Dry with cloth
In accordance with what is written on the product packaging, we do not recommend sterilising Sophie the Giraffe.
Known sterilisation methods require partial or full immersion of the product in a sterilising solution (boiling water or water with a sterilisation tablet) or UV Sterilizers that could damage it.